Major brewer and hospitality company S.A. Brain & Co joins Wales’ new hospitality hub
13 September 2018
Posted by: Chris Banks
Hospitality Cymru is proud to welcome S.A Brain & Co to an already powerhouse portfolio of High Street household licensing names.
Hospitality Cymru, part of UK Hospitality, was forged earlier this year from a merger between hotels and restaurant representatives, British Hospitality Association and the Association of Licensed Multiple Retailers. The merger combined its thousands of high profile food and beverage brand outlets in a pairing that created progressive opportunities, including the new recruitment of S.A. Brain & Co.
“We are delighted to have recruited such an influential employer and iconic brand in Wales,” said Hospitality Cymru’s Executive Director in Wales, David Chapman. “S.A. Brain & Co are leaders in an industry that employs hundreds of thousands of people, pays a fortune in taxes and rates and now it has a voice to match its status and footprint.
“Hospitality Cymru are the staple of urban employment in rural communities and coastal experiences, supporting thousands of other local suppliers. We are vital to the upkeep of council revenues, Welsh Government job creation targets, the existence of the food and drink industry and the perpetuation of the special culture of Wales,” he said.
The wide range of new promotional possibilities created by Hospitality Cymru was what attracted S.A. Brain & Co to the partnership. Nolan Spratt, Director of Managed Houses, said “Hospitality Cymru offers exciting opportunities to join up with colleagues to help inform and influence key decision makers. It closely matches our company’s ambitions as we continue to grow and expand”.
Founded in 1882, S.A. Brain & Co brew a wide range of cask, craft and keg beers from their brewery in Cardiff. They are currently undergoing a series of developments with their infrastructure and brewery, with a view to enhancing its offering with a new brewery set to launch in 2019. 136 years on, the brewery remains family-owned and their passion and dedication is the same as it was in 1882, with over 100 Managed Houses across wales.
Hospitality Cymru unites scores of UK High Street Brands like Wagamama, TGI Friday’s, Bill’s, JD Wetherspoon and Pizza Hut with major brewers like Mitchell and Butlers and Marston’s and more than 170 prestigious hotel destinations across Wales.
- ENDS -
More information from David Chapman on 07753752084
Notes to editors
- UKHospitality is the new trade body representing the UK’s hospitality sector, established following a merger approved in February 2018 between the Association of Licensed Multiple Retailers (ALMR) and the British Hospitality Association (BHA)
- UKHospitality is the authoritative voice for over 700 companies, operating around 65,000 venues in a sector that employs 3.2 million people
- The body speaks on behalf of a wide range of leisure and ‘out-of-home’ businesses, from FTSE 100 enterprises to niche groups and independent single-site operators
- For the first time, the sector has a single voice bringing together businesses from all aspects of hospitality; coffee shops, hotels, serviced apartments, pubs, restaurants, leisure parks, nightclubs, contract caterers, entertainment, stadia and visitor attractions
- Engaging with government, the media and the public, UKHospitality works to develop a robust case on how to unlock the industry’s full potential as the biggest engine for growth in the economy and ensure that the industry’s needs are effectively represented
- The sector creates £130bn in economic activity and generates £38bn of tax for the Exchequer, funding vital services
- Hospitality represents 10% of UK employment, 6% of businesses and 5% of GDP
· Hospitality is the 3rd largest private sector employer in the UK; double the size of financial services and bigger than automotive, pharmaceuticals and aerospace combined
· Member benefits include free advice and expert guidance on regulation, finance and health and safety as well as savings on services from carefully selected business partners.