UK Hospitality Industries (the “UKHI”, “Organisation”, “We”) are registered in England and Wales under company number 11114077 and have our registered office at 6th Floor 10 Bloomsbury Way, London, England, WC1A 2SL.
UKHI is a business-to-business membership that provides a unified voice for the hospitality sector through lobbying, advice, support, guidance, representation and such.
We use the data we collect from you to improve our services. By doing so, we act as ‘Data Controllers’ and our team are ‘Data Processors’. We will:
- Ensure your data is kept safe and private;
- Not sell your data or pass to third-party organisations without your consent;
- Always give you ways to update/view your data; and
- Give you ways to manage and review your marketing choices at any time.
How we use your data
As a membership organisation, we have to use and manage our members data in order to communicate with you and share details of our products, services, membership benefits and campaigns. It is what the law calls ‘legitimate reason’. The same applies when you book an event or buy a publication from us. To some extent, we also have a contractual obligation to contact you as per the Terms and Conditions you agreed on when you joined or being in force for the time being. We also collect/use your date when you update your details.
Hence, your information will be used for:
- Managing your membership – renewals, payments, amendments, changes, etc.;
- Providing membership services and benefits, via email and post;
- Keeping you updated about the industry, changes to legislation, events, etc.;
- Contacting you for surveys and research;
- As part of the benefits of your membership, some of your data (as with contact details and addresses) might be shared with our regional or other member-led groups which might interest your business, to facilitate their engagement with you. Likewise, you will also have access to their details. Each such group is subject to a confidentiality agreement and shall keep your data secured at all times;
- In order to take advantage of some of your membership benefits, your data will have to be processed. This will be subject to changes if new benefits are added to our portfolio. At the moment, these benefits are:
- If you buy a ticket to an event or order a publication from us, we will also collect the necessary data for that booking or to provide you access to the publication or to post it to you. All relevant information about these transactions will be specified to you at the time of the booking/purchase. As this is a transaction, we will have the legal obligation to process your data on this occasion.
- We will also process your data if that is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation which we are subject to.
Who has access to your data
- Employees of the UKHI; that is to provide your membership benefits and services.
- Third-party contractors and suppliers of UKHI as described above, all part of the services of your membership subscription.
The data that we collect from you will be stored in accordance with the stipulations of the new GDPR and will be kept secure at all times.
In any event, your data will only be transferred to any third-party mentioned in this policy if they have a code of practice in place for Data Protection. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
UKH remain committed in helping the sector achieve these goals by developing a suite of tools and resources
How long we keep your data
Your data is part of your membership records and will be managed on our CRM system while your membership lasts as an auto-renewal contract and, in the event you cease to be a member, we will store the data for another 6 years for our financial records, after which the data will be destroyed.
Accessing your personal information
If applicable, as part of your membership, you will have access to a login-secured members’ area on our website, where you can check and update your personal information, as well as your communication preferences. You must not disclose your password to anyone. Any suspicious activity must be immediately communicated to the UKHI.
Not all data we hold on you will be accessed in the members’ portal; for example, financial records. If you wish to discuss other data that is not available there, please send us a data access request to [email protected].
If you have any queries, comments or need any further assistance, please contact us at [email protected].