– The ALMR is the biggest, most effective network and collective voice for the eating and drinking out sector
– We are dedicated to representing those companies operating outlets in the third space where consumers go out to socialise and which contribute so much to our local & national economy, well-being and social culture.
– We are the voice and champion of over 90% of managed pubs & clubs, branded restaurants & cafes. Our members operate some of the best known high street brands as well as the best loved independent, small businesses
– Between our members employ over 1.3 million people, operate 23,000 outlets and contribute 3% of GDP.
We lobby to prevent restrictive legislation or taxation
– our campaigns for change saved the sector £1.5bn last year alone
– secured key changes on business rates, NLW, late night licensing, menu labelling
We promote the sector so we are noticed and treated fairly
– generating positive PR on investment, skills & growth to improve our image
– we are the voice of out of home in Brexit negotiations
We provide advice & support to protect commercial interests
– insight and intelligence to feed into corporate risk management
– authoritative benchmarking reports on employment, operational costs, trends
– a range of business seminars & events provide a supportive network